Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New book

I was working the circ desk one day when a patron returned a book with a Christmas sticker. The title of the book is I Saw Mommy Kicking Santa Claus by Ann Hodgman. I thought the book was a humorous story, possible a romance, about Christmas so I checked it out.

Well it's actually a non-fiction book about surviving the holidays. I am so glad I checked this book out! It has some great ideas in it about ways to make the holidays easier, more meaningful and last longer. My favorite idea from the book is to "thin out Christmas" by spreading out your traditions. 

If you're looking for a helpful book on surviving the holidays, check it out. I think the ideas in it will actually be applicable to other situations, such as planning a family vacation or enjoying summer break. I enjoyed Ann's writing style and have placed holds for the other two books we have by her. 

Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did!

Mary S.

No comments: