Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hollywood Blvd Theater

Hollywood Blvd is a wonderful theater in Woodridge that serves food and drink (both alcoholic and non-) while you enjoy your movie. I was just there last weekend to see Slumdog Millionaire with my family. My dad especially enjoyed the high-backed leather desk chairs which you sit in (he's very tall and normal theater seats are awkward and uncomfortable for him). There is a wide variety of food on the menu, including appetizers, salads, burgers, and pizza. Last time I was there I had "Potato Munch Skins" and "Jake & Elwood's Beef & Cheddar" sandwich. If you're in for dessert, I recommend the "Bullwinkle J. Moosecake." Everything on the menu has a clever movie-related name, which greatly amuses me. You can also get popcorn and candy if you're a traditionalist.

Check out their website, http://www.atriptothemovies.com/, to view directions, movie times, and the menu. If you are planning to take your family, please make sure you note which showings allow minors with adults. Some shows in the evenings are adults-only.

-Miranda C.

No comments: